Pink Bobblehead Bunny

Pages

How To: Add Pages (Tabs) to Your Blog

 Hey jammers! Quick and easy post today, but it's still a very important topic for bloggers. 

Let's get right into the post!

What Are Pages?

Pages are basically posts that you can add more information to. Pages are commonly used for guides, AJ codes, etc. Jammers also add them as tabs which can usually be found under the jammer's header/title. 

How to Make Pages

1. First, go to your Blogger Dashboard and look at the left sidebar

2. Next, click on "Pages" which is under the "Earnings" tab


3. To add a new page, click "New Page" where you would usually see "New Post" in the top left corner

4. Write whatever you'd like in the page and hit "Publish" when you're done! 


5. Now, go back to looking at your left sidebar on your Blogger Dashboard

6. Click "Layout" (directly under the Pages tab)

7. Go to your sidebar(s) and click in blue lettering "Add a Gadget" 

8. Scroll down until you see the "Pages" gadget, and click on the little blue plus sign next to it

9. To add the page you just worked on, make sure the box is checked next to your page's title (as shown in the picture) If you would like to rearrange your page order, click on the little dot grid next to where it says "Page List" and drag your page to it's new spot. Once everything is done, click "Save". 

10. As you can see, right now your pages are on the side of your blog. We need them under the title. To do that, just simply find the dotted grid on the left side of the Page gadget you just added, and drag that to the box under your title. The box might say "Cross Column" or "Cross Column 2". If you see that, then drag your Page gadget there. 

Bam! Now you have page tabs :)

I hope this tutorial helped!

Thanks for reading and happy blogging!

~popcorn

5 comments:

  1. These instructional posts are really helpful! Not just for AJ blogs, but I'm sure this stuff is also helpful for anyone making a blog, really. The more tutorials, the better :D

    Something that I've been struggling with is aligning my page tabs at the center of my blog. I had some code that used to work for that, but for some reason I think it stopped working... I think I might need to make a layout test blog to see if I can re-make my HTML better from the ground up. Ah well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Doomy! (And thanks for this requested post XP) I can agree, I kind of clung to the idea of an AJ tutorial blog before I actually did these blogging tips, thus the name ending up as "A Jammer's Guide to Starting a Blog". But really, all of the tutorials could help anyone with a blog in general.

      Whoa! That's a neat code. I'll have to try and look that up, because for the AJD I don't currently have enough page tabs to actually make a full row. Currently I just have a big old empty space xD

      Delete
  2. How do you make the pages side-by-side?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Great question. Did you move the pages tab to where it says "Cross-Column"?

      Delete
    2. Nope. Fixed now! Thank you Popcorn :)

      Delete

How To: Change the Date and Time of Your Post

 Hey jammers! Popcorn here C: Today's topic is one not known by many, but can prove useful in many cases.  I'll give you an example:...