Pink Bobblehead Bunny

Pages

Adding a Favicon!

 Hey jammers! Before we get into the post, I'm so sorry for the unexpected leave. I have been more focused on school and my main blog (Animal Jam Daily) that I kind of abandoned this one :( 

I think what I'm going to do is this: I'll post occasionally but probably one every week or two weeks? 

But anyways, that was just a quick apology and I'll try to get back to posting on here again :) 

Onto the topic of today's post: customizing your Favicon! Do you see the little box on your tab next to the page title your on? 

That is a favicon, and today I'll show you how to customize yours! Let's get right into the post!

1. First, pick the image you would like to add to your blog! For example, if you're an Animal Jam newspaper blog, why not add the Jamma Journal logo? All of these icons and more are perfect for favicon's and you can find them in these 2 wonderful blogs: Animal Jam Archives and Animal Jam Graphic Central

2. Next, you'll need to edit your picture so it fits the favicon requirements (a square image and less then 100 kb) To do that, go to Free Online Image Editor. Here's a tutorial on how to use that --->

---

Editing with Free Online Image Editor

1. To upload an image, scroll down a big until you a dark pink button that says "Choose Image".

2. Once your image is pulled up, you should see this screen.   

If your image is already square, skip these steps. If not, please continue reading. 

1. To check if your image is square, click "Resize" on the top toolbar. If the width and the height numbers match up, then your image is square! In this case, mine is not.

2. Do you see the little box under the width and height that says "Aspect Ratio"? If the box is checked, it means that the height and width will stay the same distance apart no matter how much bigger you make it. To adjust the height and width freely, make sure the checked box is not blue and check marked. 

Back to the image editor tutorial...

3. Now that you're image is square, it's time to resize it! When you're resizing, make sure your image is less then 60x60. Otherwise, it probably won't upload. 

4. Finally, save your image by clicking "Save" in the left toolbar and then "Save Image Local". Save the image to your files, and you're good to go! 

---

Where to Upload Your Favicon

1. First, go to Settings in the left sidebar of your Blogger Dashboard.


2. Now, click on the blue link that says "Favicon". 

3. Upload the image your resized and you're done! I hope you love your new favicon!

I hope this tutorial helped you with your future/current AJ blog! Thanks for reading and happy blogging!

~popcorn

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for my bad temper. I'll try again *ahem*
      I'm trying to add a favicon for my blog Animal Jam Oceanz, and it won't work. It's a square image, I made sure. It even tells me it's already saved! But once I go to my blog, it's not there. Do you have any idea what happened?

      ~Dogo

      Delete
    2. Mk, it works, I think. My views see it but I don't.

      Delete

How To: Change the Date and Time of Your Post

 Hey jammers! Popcorn here C: Today's topic is one not known by many, but can prove useful in many cases.  I'll give you an example:...